Tuesday 18 February 2014

Holiday crafts

Hello,

So, at my insistence that I really needed a few days away this half term we have travelled a relatively short distance to the Peak District and we are staying in a beautiful barn conversion for three nights. We are in fact staying just outside the Peak District National Park but chose the location because the cottage is a bus ride distant from Sheffield and so my elder son is on his way to see us as I type - eek! So looking forward to seeing him again!!

But the aim of this short break was to "chillax", as my children would say, and what better way for me to do this than by walking, running, drinking coffee and sparkling wine, playing games with the children, reading and of course, crafting. It is often the only time I can craft during the day without feeling guilty - there is no housework calling for my attention.

So, we are away for just a few days - realistically how much can I achieve in that time? Well, it doesn't matter does it.

Do you want to see what I brought with me?


Firstly, this cute Me to You cross stitch kit called "my red jumper". I am stitching this for my daughter and sadly I haven't got very far. I stitched another Me to You kit a couple of years ago which I had framed professionally and is hung next to my daughter's bed - we both like it very much. The silver frame and blue mount complement the picture precisely. I stitched a little more of this project today.


Secondly, this "By the sea" kit by DMC. My younger son bought this as a Christmas present for me. I was delighted with it! We insist the children spend no more than just a  few pounds on Christmas presents for us. My son and his friend spent some time in a local craft shop looking for just the right gift - he knows I love cross stitch and knows I love the sea so his choice was spot on! And I appreciated the fact that he browsed a craft shop - not the most obvious shop for a teenager to frequent.


The third project I brought with me you have seen before here. This is my portable project - I knitted a few rows of these last night.


The fourth and final project I brought with me you have seen a couple of times here and here.


I crocheted one and a half rows today. I hope you are not tired of my stripey blanket - it is a longer term project and so is likely to make a few more appearances on here.

Do you have a favourite project you take on holiday with you? How many projects do you take away with you?

Enjoy your crafting time.

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for dropping in on my blog. I hope you found something of interest and I would love to read your comments.
Caz xx