Tuesday 11 February 2014

Will there be enough to sledge?

Good afternoon,

Well today was a mixed bag of weather. This morning we started with rain for almost two hours......


then it started to hail, thrashing small white stones against our windows........


which quite suddenly turned to heavy snow.....


so I quickly texted my daughter as we both get VERY excited about snow and always hope that even one flake of snow is a harbinger of a heavy snow storm, or at least enough snow for us to go sledging.


Just look at those flakes on the sleeve of my fleece, caught while I momentarily stepped outside to capture memories of the best snow so far this year....


But sadly, if not unexpectedly, all too soon the snow stopped, but it left behind on my windowsills a pretty temporary memory of what had gone before .....




and gradually the memories disappeared...



while the snow on the road  portrayed its own stunning but short lived beauty before fading until next time.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for dropping in on my blog. I hope you found something of interest and I would love to read your comments.
Caz xx