Wednesday 10 December 2014

A geographical miscellany!

Hello

Thank you for the lovely comments you left on my last post - I appreciate you taking the time to leave comments and I do enjoy reading them.

Today I am joining in with Ginny's yarn along. My yarn along this week has a distinctive geographical flavour. 

Firstly, I am re-reading Alexander McCall Smith's '44 Scotland Street', based in Edinburgh. The first time of reading I didn't enjoy this book as much as his The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency but I thought I would give it another go. 



And as for my knitting, well I recently purchased Nordic Knits written by Martin Storey, which has some beautiful projects in it, many using my favourite yarn of the moment, Rowan felted tweed dk


And so on my needles I have just started knitting the Snowflake Runner using the colours 
Seasalter (a light denim blue) and Clay. 


It does feel a bit strange to be making another table runner when I have only just finished a Christmas table runner but I think the snowflake is not so 'snow flakey' that it means I can only use it over Chritmas - I think this will be adorning our dining table for a few months of the year!

What have you currently on your needles? Are you desperately trying to finish off Christmas presents? Have a good week!
xXx

7 comments:

  1. I tend to go with snowflake themes myself - that way it carries you way past Christmas. Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Donna, snowflakes are for winter not just Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Just another scarf on my needles, always a scarf. I'm trying not to think about what needs to be done before Christmas, but I'm not making anything specific, I'm trying to keep it all simple. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh scarves are good CJ, I frequently have one on the needles, there is always someone who wants one!

      Delete
  3. That will be a really lovely table runner. I wish I can knit as well as you!
    I'm busy making a crocheted Christmas present. It's the only one I have to make so I'm feeling quite relaxed about it. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness that table runner is going to be so perfect in those colors.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the nordic knits - especially your table runner. I'm knitting myself a coat. I must be mad but I've been itching to do it for ages.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, thank you for dropping in on my blog. I hope you found something of interest and I would love to read your comments.
Caz xx